Dupuis Team provides a personal, predictable, transparent & informed experience for our clients. We are advocates for you and your needs. Here’s what Dupuis Team does for you:
HOME SEARCH Together, we search for homes that meet your needs. Dupuis Team offers the tools needed to find the home of your dreams through online portals and personalized apps that keep us connected.
VIEWING HOMES Dupuis Team knows that seeing is believing. We will show you the homes you are interested in. Dupuis Team offers our expert advice, professional opinions to help you make a better home purchase and how to best make an offer on a home in today’s market.
360° LIVE VIDEO Dupuis Team offers 360° live videos. Viewed in a virtual setting with a smart phone, tablet or computer and using VR goggles. Buyers can experience an optimal viewing experience that puts you right in the home.
HOME BUYING GUIDE Dupuis Team will guide you through the home buying process including various stages of buying a home and on what to do next.
COORDINATE TRANSACTION from beginning to end. Dupuis Team keeps you informed throughout the home buying process. From how to make an offer, to opening escrow and making sure your lender’s documents are turned in, Dupuis Team helps coordinate your purchase. Throughout this process members of our team, like our dedicated transaction coordinator, will call, email, and text you to let you know what is going on and what is next.
NEGOTIATION in your best interests in the purchase of your new home. Dupuis Team will go to bat for you, our client, and make sure that any deal we bring to you is in your best interest. We are always looking for what is best for our client, even if it means not buying a home. Dupuis Team wants to help you find the right home for you, and we want you to feel great about your new home purchase 5, 10 or 20+ Years from now.
We know, when you don’t know what’s going on, things can feel stressful. So, here’s what you can expect when buying a home.
1. Initial consult: Meet with an agent to discuss what you are looking for and how you can best be helped.
2. Pre-Approval: With the help of a good lender, you determine how much you can afford.
The Home Search
3. Home Search: Your agent helps you discover homes in the places you want to live based on needs and budget.
4. Make an Offer: Submit your offer to the seller and negotiate the terms of the sale.
5. Mutual Acceptance: You and the seller agree to the terms of sale. Everyone signs the Purchase and Sale Agreement. You are now under contract to purchase a home. Congratulations!
6. Order Title & Open Escrow: Your agent will order a Title report and open an escrow account. Earnest Money is then deposited in escrow.
7. Home Inspection: Buyer Inspects the home and negotiates inspection items.
8. Appraisal: Lender determines the value of the home being purchased and any conditions that need to be met.
Work with your Lender
9. Provide Document to Loan Officer: You will work with your loan officer and provide any remaining documents needed to submit to their underwriter for final approval.
10. Final Loan Approval: The Loan gets approved by underwriting!
11. Docs are Sent to Escrow: Loan and other documents are sent to escrow for signing.
12. Final Negotiations: Throughout the process you and the seller may discuss additional terms to the sale, depending on Inspection, Appraisal Value, etc.
13. Final Walk Through: Take one last double check on the home to make sure it is ready, and all repairs have been made.
14. Singing Docs: You and the seller sign all docs at escrow, finalizing the sale.
15. Closing: Escrow records the sale with the county & everything is done. Enjoy your new home!
What does it cost to buy a home?
Your down payment isn’t the only thing you are going to need to save up for. Buying a home in Kitsap County comes with many costs that need to be considered. As well, some people peddle the myth that you can get a house without any cash on hand if you are getting a 0% down payment loan, or some kind of down payment assistance.
The truth is that home buyers will need to pay for a variety of services from many professionals as you are purchasing your new home. Here are a few:
You will need to have a portion of your purchase price ready on hand to help pay for the house. This can range from 20% to as low as 3.5% of the purchase price.
Earnest Money Deposit (EMD)
When buying a home, you need to show the sellers you are serious about your purchase, and you do that through the EMD. The amount is negotiable between the buyer and seller, but usually about 1% to 3% of the purchase price.
You’ll want to make sure you don’t end up with a money pit, right? Expect to pay between $300 and $500 for a home inspection.
Septic/Sewer Inspection & Scope
Making sure the home can dispose of your waste is also a priority and can cost up to $300.
You also need an additional 2% to 5% of the home purchase price to cover closing costs like Lender Fees, Title Fees, Escrow Fees, Recording Fees, 1st Month’s Prorated Mortgage Interest, & Prorated Taxes.
Your lender will need to make sure the home is actually worth what you are willing to spend on it.
Truck Rental, storage unit, pizza for friends OR movers.